Live your life in such a way so that when you wake up and your feet hit the floor Satan shudders and says ,"Oh crap! She's awake!"

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Great day!!

    Today started off as a normal day...not much extraordinary about it, just another day. Sometimes, I take the day that I have been given for granted. Today, work was well..work. A normal day in the life for a tax collector consists of many phone calls, questions, problems, and solutions. After work was when my day really started to get great! I was so glad to be among the members and attendees of my church tonight...especially the kiddos.
    My passion is Children's ministry and I love teaching, sharing God's word, and discussing Jesus with my kiddos at the Point. I have a great team of volunteers that are awesome and always prepared! Now, I don't have any children of my own, but I count all these kids as "my" kids. So, I guess I have around 60 kids...but none of the laundry to go with it (yes!!)! I told the kids tonight...that i am not where I planned to be. if i had my way, I would have been a teacher in the school system with summers off and the mounds of work that go with it. But God...I love that phrase...had better things in store for me. When I gave Him total control (because I am human and I like to think that I am in control) of my life, he had greater and better things for me. We were all created in his image for HIS GLORY...nothing else!! So, by me giving my life to God and giving up the illusion of control...he is using me way beyond my own strength and abilities, to glorify Him and Him alone. I pray that he would continue to equip me...called by God to teach the gospel to children and to anyone that will listen...for His glory and His glory alone. I am soo far from where I should be, but his grace makes up all the short comings and failures I could ever have or encounter. Please pray that God would continue to stir and increase a refreshing and passion in me and "my " volunteers that work tirelessly and go above and beyond to partner with parents as we go and make disciples.

    After church, I got to have dinner with some of my church family! It was great to hang out with the Jones and Lawrence family tonight at Frisch's! Veggie Soup and a grilled cheese, with the cool night air of fall... there is not a better meal to be found! Go ahead and try...I'll wait!

   Tomorrows adventure....plumbing session #3 at moms! Hopefully, this will be the last one for a while! 

No comments:

Post a Comment